Important Cannabis Laws in Quebec
Although the use of cannabis has been legalized in many countries, there are still laws guiding the use of Cannabis to ensure that these products aren’t abused. The government of Quebec has some legislation guiding the use of cannabis among its citizens. This is known as the Cannabis Regulation Act and it is very important that citizens and visitors alike pay attention to these rules and not flaunt them. As you can read on budpop.com, these important Cannabis Laws in Quebec are numerous but some of them include:
- Smoking or Vaping of Cannabis in public places is highly prohibited, irrespective of if the smoker is indoors or outdoors.
- It is prohibited to smoke cannabis in places where there is a clear indication of No Smoking Allowed. Doing so would be going against the rules and is punishable by law.
- Personnel working in research centers are allowed to create a smoking space in the center to smoke cannabis provided that it is for research purposes.
- Offices can choose to allow or prohibit the use of cannabis, depending on the company’s policy.
- Cannabis in any form can only be sold to adults that are up to the age of 21 years. Any person who isn’t up to 21 is a minor and shouldn’t have access to cannabis.
Even though Cannabis is legal in Quebec, there are crucial laws that still guide the possession of cannabis among the people. Some of these laws include:
It is illegal and punishable to catch anyone lesser than 21 years old in possession of cannabis.
- The accepted amount of dried cannabis that anyone of legal age can possess is 150 grams of dried cannabis.
- Cannabis users must only have 30 grams of dried cannabis in their possession, especially when they’re in public places.
- It is prohibited to own cannabis in places where it is easy to find minors. That is, it is highly prohibited to be in possession of cannabis in schools, daycare and childcare centers, vocational institutes, colleges apart from student residences, playgrounds, and certain places where minors can be found.
- For those in possession of cannabis at private residences with minors, it is important that cannabis is stored safely and in a manner that is inaccessible to minors.
In areas of cultivation of cannabis, the Québec government also has rules that govern the cultivation of cannabis. Some of these rules are:
- It is highly prohibited for any citizen of Québec to own a cannabis plant.
- Citizens of Québec are not allowed to cultivate cannabis plants for personal use. It is highly illegal and punishable by law.
There are also laws guiding the production and sales of cannabis in Québec and these are:
- All cannabis produced in the state must be from farmers that are authorized by the government to produce cannabis.
- This cannabis can only be sold to the SQDC or authorized cannabis producers
- Only the SQDC can retail cannabis to users in the city.
- Only cannabis, Cannabis oil, extracts, edibles are allowed to be sold in Quebec. Selling other forms of cannabis is illegal and punishable by law, if not authorized by the Québec government.
- These cannabis products shouldn’t contain any form of additive, flavors, or coloring.